In June, again, we spent a lot of time working in the vineyards to fix up the plants and protect them from fungal infections.
June 5 – we made our first pass through the vineyards to prune excess canes. By doing so, we reduce the humidity around the bunches.
June 10 – we made a survey of all the vines. The results follow. PERONOSPORA zero. BOTRYTIS has created a few problems in the lowest-lying vineyards. OIDIUM early symptoms on some of the grass worries me. I plan to treat the areas with powdered sulfur in upcoming days. DEFICIENCIES of magnesium and potassium in just one vine. Tomorrow I’ll treat it with micronutrients. I hope that I won’t have to make more than two treatments before harvest. Unfortunately, those two treatments will probably become four treatments because of the repeated and intense rainfall. 19 giugno – ecco come sono messi i grappoli di Glera. June 19 – this photo shows the condition of the Glera grapes.
Here’s a photo of a Bianchetta bunch.
June 27 – during a nighttime treatment, the tractor decided to break down. We had to spend the entire next morning at the mechanic.
June 28 – dinner on the tractor.
We had to work late into the night to make up for lost time.
—Luca Ferraro, grape grower/winemaker